Today has been one of those days where nothing has seemed to go right. I spent all morning studying for my Botany final only to find that most of the things I studied hard core weren't on the test, I brought my camera to school hoping to take some nice spring pictures and it starting STORMING the minute after I got it out, and I had plans to go to Salt Lake tonight with Alex but that ended up not happening and I spent the evening cleaning the driveway and feeling bitter, which led to me feeling mediocre.I'm not really sure if today's events brought it on but tonight I started feeling really down on myself and thinking that nothing I've ever done in my life is truly noteworthy. I've never really excelled in school, gotten any huge awards or been in the spotlight. I'm pretty much completely and utterly:
average. Sure there are things I'm good at, I just feel that I could be better at them. But I guess everyone feels that way sometimes. I know that I've been blessed with talents, it's just a matter of cultivating them.. I'm sick of being average so I've created a list of goals for this summer to help me be a little more above average.
Summer Goals
~Write everyday. Whether it be journal writing, blogging or creative writing.
~Draw everyday and improve my art skills
~Save up lots of money!
~Build new friendships and strengthen old ones
~Visit the temple more often
~take some amazing pictures and print and matte lots of them
~learn how to cook lots of new dishes
~learn how to garden
~attend summer chorale and stay after and learn how to dance from the folk dancers!
~Practice the piano for at least an hour everyday
~become a more confident driver
~Read at least one book every week and try to read more of the classics
~improve my math skills (as I will be taking math this summer)
~do some service
~try new things
~Smile more
It's a big list but one I'd like to accomplish :)
No comments:
Post a Comment