Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The good, the bad and the down right awesome!

It's been a crazy few months with lots of new things happening in my life! Some good, some bad. But hey, that's life.

Here are the ups and downs in my life as of now:

Good: I got rid of the blazer and got a new car!! It's a 2004 Hyundai Sonata that I got for a pretty sweet deal :) Dave Berg, a friend of the Hahn's was selling his for $4500 so I jumped at the opportunity. It's in great condition, it gets 36 miles to the gallon, and it drives way smooth! I love it :)
Bad: After paying $200 up front for the car, and paying $460 for the title and sales tax, I'm pretty much broke.. Still, I think that getting this car was a smart idea.

Good: It's Spring! 
Bad: Spring means Allergy season.. I haven't been able to put my contacts in today because my left eye is all red and watery. So I'm wearing my glasses that I seriously need to get tightened because they keep falling of my nose..

Bad: I have to take summer classes :P
Good: the math class I'm taking is only once a week and the rest of the credits I'm taking are just a series of tests to get my computer literacy requirement out of the way. If I can some how get math 990 and math 1010 out of the way this, summer, I can take math 1050 in the Fall and then be done with math and get my associates!

Bad: I'm 85 % sure I'm not going to pass my Botany class..
Good: I can retake the class in the fall (with Alex :]) and improve my GPA!

Bad: My phone keeps randomly dying.
Good: I'm due for an upgrade in about a week and I'm hoping to get a nice smart phone :)

Good: Spring Semester ends next week!
Bad: I have 4 finals that I should be studying for.. :P

Good: I'm learning this gorgeous piece on the piano!


Bad: I have about a month to finish learning said piece. I have 1 1/2 more pages to learn. Yikes! 

Down right Awesome:
The little girl upstairs in playing "Part of your world" on the piano. The little mermaid is totally my favorite Disney movie and I love that song!

This past weekend I got to go to my favorite vacation spot (Bear Lake), and visit my favorite small town (Montpelier Idaho) and eat at my favorite truck stop! (The Ranch Hand).

Last month I added 3 new items to my little photography equipment family!
1. A new lens! :D It's a canon EF 50 mm prime lens. It's the cheapest lens that canon makes but it actually does some pretty amazing things and because of its shallow depth of field, it takes great portraits!
2. Photoshop elements 9. I needed to finally buy photoshop instead of using picnik.com and finding ways to re use the free trial of CS5. I found this for $60 on ebay which is really quite a steal and it does everything I need it to do :)
3. A tripod! It was originally $100 but Emily got it for me for free on amazon vine! (She gets free stuff for reviewing things!) The tripod is nice and it folds up very small. I'm satisfied with it.

I'm a much more Legit photographer then I was back in the Fall, that's for sure. In fact, I scored my first paid photography gig! :D I'm photographing a wedding reception in Layton on Saturday. I'm only doing it because my friend Amy couldn't, so she recommended me! I'm only getting like 30 dollars for it but hey, it's a start :)

More awesomeness

This shirt:
It's amazing. Alex and I were watching 127 hours on the clear play on Monday and we thought it'd be fun to watch it in our pajamas! He let me borrow his super baggy pajama pants and this shirt because he told me I'd look super attractive in it. I so did.

This Video:
Cutest thing ever!!



And that's all for now!
<3~Rachel






1 comment:

  1. LOL, just so ya know, summer semester is the best semester to take classes! It's warm outside, your classes wake you up so you feel like there's so much more time to do things in the day, and your teachers care less about, well, class - which is the best in GPA standards ;) trust me.

    Your car is gorgeous for the price! I'd kill for a car like that for $4500. Lucky girl! Also, congrats on getting your legit photography biz started. I know I love your work!

    ReplyDelete