I am currently blogging this from Beautiful Bear Lake! You may wonder why I'd want to be at Bear lake on a day like today; it's wet, snowy, the lake is too cold for swimming, the pool is closed for the day and we can't even rent bikes. Yet, I'm loving it here. Still think I'm crazy? Well let me first explain to you how my family's love of Bear lake came to be.
About 3 years ago, my mom become a member of "world mark by wyndam" If you've never heard of this, it's basically like Time share, but better! Because you have points that you can use for any days you'd like. And once you've paid everything off, you can stay anywhere you'd like for free until you die! Yes we have all been sucked into the world mark cult. But we enjoy it :) We've stayed at Bear Lake, Wolf Creek, Anaheim, and Saint George; all of which are beautiful places. But we've definitely spent the most time at Bear Lake. It's become our place. We even stayed here over Christmas time. It's probably my favorite vacationing spot. I first went to Bear Lake when I was 13 and I totally fell in love with the lake and the town. The water is crystal clear, the shakes are delicious, the locals are friendly, the scenery is beautiful and I just feel really happy here. My family started coming here in the off season because it's less crowded and it's easier to get a reservation. At first I thought it was a strange idea to come here in the Fall and Winter because we couldn't swim in the Lake, but it's actually very peaceful and nice here when there's no crowds of scantily clad tourist:s roaming the streets. ;) We enjoy taking walks, buying milk shakes at La Beau's, swimming in the pool and breaking into Bartlett every so often. Of course we like to come in the summer and play at the Beach, because that's why most people go to Bear lake! But no matter what season it is, I enjoy my time here in this beautiful area.
Well tonight we're going to eat some lasagna and sit around eating junk food and watching movies! And tomorrow the pool and hot tub will be open again and we can take a walk and enjoy some Bear Lake pizza :)
Hopefully a lot of the snow will melt tomorrow. Don't ya just love Utah spring?
Well that's all for now but I have about 6 ideas for posts that will be written soon. So please continue to blog stalk me :)
<3~Rachel
P.S~ I was going to put up some pictures of Bear Lake in various seasons but blogger won't let me right now :(
No comments:
Post a Comment