Well my life's been interesting! Here's just a few of the things that have been going on:
I ended up dropping the math class I signed up for this summer. I thought I'd be able to afford it, but I really couldn't.. It was over 900 dollars just for that one class! But get this.. I didn't realize that you couldn't get your full amount of tuition money back if you dropped the class after the first week of school. So I dropped the class the 2nd week and now I'm stuck paying 300 dollars for a class that I'm not taking!! IT SUCKS.
College is such a money sucking scam.. but you really can go places in life with a degree.. so I'm getting one. I still don't know what to major in so I'm just getting my associates and seeing how I feel after that.
Sometimes I wonder if college is really for me..
"Oh, not for me. Not for me. Call it torture call it University. Arts and crafts is all I need, I'll take Calligraphy and then I'll make a fake degree!" ~Relient K (Love those guys!!)
~I'm working 30 hours a week at Club Heights. I'm making good money (about 900 a month) But I'm not exactly loving the people I work with.. I don't mind the work very much. We've been deep cleaning class rooms and it's kinda relaxing in its own way. But I can't stand 2 of the guys I work with. I've gotten to know the the real them this past week and what I see, I don't like. They swear casually all the time, make racist comments, and play this filthy Screamo music. I told them to stop saying the f word, but they still said it when they thought I wasn't listening, so I just stopped talking to them and put in my head phones and listened to my happy music. One of the guys is leaving to join the Marines next week so language will probably be more tolerable. I hope.
~I finished learning the Lord's Prayer and played it pretty well at my piano recital last week! I plan on learning more cool songs this summer :)
I went to Moab with my ward! I was nervous cause I still didn't know everyone that well but this was a great way for me to get to know people. I was hoping for super warm weather and only packed shorts, capris, and one hoodie. (without checking the weather). It rained A LOT. And it was cold. But I still had fun! The Lord was awesome to us though, cause it would always rain when we started hiking but is always cleared up and was sunny when we got to our destination!
Sydnee, Heidi, Adam and I outside the Canyon Lands visitor center
Sitting around the campfire
Whitney, Sydnee, Carly, Jordan and I after cliff jumping!
My family, Alex and I went on a fun little trip to Bear Lake last weekend!
Matthew getting ready to go in the icy cold Lake. Crazy kid!
Looking for sea shells!
Bear Lake at sunset
Well other than that I've just been taking pictures, playing lots of Super Mario with Alex, and enjoying the summer!
Later!
<3~Rachel





No comments:
Post a Comment