Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Here comes the sun and I say, "it's all right."

Ironically, the day after I wrote that inspiring post about being super strong
while Alex is away.. I got weak. :( I'm not sure why but this past week was 
the hardest one for me since Alex left. I think it finally hit me that he's 
not going to be around for a while and time has slowed down. Not cool.
It didn't help on Monday when I found out he can't reply to my emails anymore.
Hey, no one said that waiting for a missionary would be easy.
But it will be worth it.

Even though some days are filled with fear and doubt, I continue to see the
tender mercies that make life beautiful. The past week my tender mercies included:

~Praying for my ipod to come back to life and having my prayer answered!
~Getting away with only having to pay $20 for a parking ticket that was supposed to cost $50.
~Seeing a beautiful row of daffodils on campus after a snowy, stressful morning.
~Having my first class canceled today!
~Having my visiting teachers come over and make me smile. :)

Satan likes to get us to believe that we can't do something. He fills our minds with
fear and doubt to distract us from doing what is important. This is when we need to prove
how strong we really are! You don't have to do anything miraculous to do this,
you've just got to focus on the
 positive things and not worry so much about the things  you can't
control right now. It's a never ending life lesson.

Another thing that helps put me in a better mood is Spring time!
Yesterday was the official first day of Spring and I went out with my camera and
captured some of it. :)


And to end this random post, here is one of my favorite songs that
always helps to comfort me. It's also appropriate for the start of Spring!
Smile everyone! <3~Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment