Wednesday, March 28, 2012

3 Months!!

As of today, Elder Hahn has been out 3 whole months!! :D That seems like a lot to me right now and it's gone by SO FAST. I cannot even believe it. 

He is doing so well and is really starting to lose himself in his mission.
He's experienced a lot of crazy things from getting hit by a car, meeting a crazy
guy who thought he was a prophet, and witnessing his first Southern Bible bash. Yikes.
I can already tell that he's turning into an even more amazing man and I love it. :)
Month 3 was definitely the hardest one so far. A lot of missionary girlfriends say that
they struggled during this month as well. But I'm okay now and am ready for month #4.



Okay so far I have received 10 amazing letters from Alex. Not too shabby!
I'd like to share some highlights from them. :)

"Going on a mission was such a good choice! My testimony is SOOO much stronger! And my ability to read the scriptures and find things to tell investigators has never even been a fifth of what it is now."

"I speak very highly of you when I'm out here and that lovely picture of you helps when I tell people about how awesome you are! One Elder Cobbley saw it and said "What is this an engagement picture?!" Pretty funny stuff. I'm sure the Elders will be flocking home to marry you because they know just how wonderful you are! (If any of them do propose I'll be Upset. Lol just kidding. But really.."

"The Lord's work is tiring, hard and SO rewarding!"

"Rachel I keep thinking about how I could use an apple TV to make my home more spiritual someday!"

"I LOVED the perfume on the letter! Keep it up foxy lady!"

"I met the cutest girl! She was 3 or 4 and when we walked in the door she hugged me around the legs and said "Happy Valentines day missionaries!"

"I'm becoming more and more like you while on my mission. I've lost my keys like ten times and I LOVE taking photos! It weirds people out how much I like to take them. But hey, it's life."

"I am forever and eternally thankful that I met, loved and know you! I could never express the infinite thanks I have for you coming into my life and changing me for the best. I long for the day I return to you. I'll scoop you up and hold you wedding style and just love all over you!"


"My whole life became filled with light and meaning after meeting you. I'm so thankful for all that you have done for me and all that you've taught me to become. You are the greatest person I have ever met and every day you and that light within you grows greater, brighter and more beautifully. Thank you."


"You ARE as amazing as I make you out to be! Just deal with it."



Man I love him. He makes me feel soo good about myself! Even 1100 miles away.

Oh I made this cute little count down heart and taped it to my letter box. I used my webcam to take these pictures today so I'm sorry everything is backwards.




Each square equals one week and it's been 13 weeks! I'm getting somewhere. :)
Oh and below the heart it says, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Cute right?

So far I haven't met any real "waiter haters" and I hope no one comes around hating
on this awesome relationship!

Life is good, time is flying and I'm celebrating this little mile stone by eating
yummy street tacos (2 for 1 Wednesday!) and hanging out with my
good friend Kylie tonight.

Later!
<3~Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Rachel you are cruising! Month 3 is seriously so tough, and it's a little rough when it comes around a year later! Ha. I am glad to hear that he is doing great, and that you are not sitting around crying about it. Not that I thought you would! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan :) I'm trying really hard to not sit around and cry! I'm actually kind of enjoying having a relationship with him through letters. And you seem to be doing great yourself!

    ReplyDelete