Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love should be simple.

I don't understand why the world has complicated love and marriage so much. I think it should be simple; if you love someone and are in the right stage of life- get married! You don't have to date for years and years and live with someone first to know that they are the one you want to be with. Just take a chance! It's more romantic that way :) 
One of my teachers was going off on a rant today about how stupid it is to get married before you're 30. (He has bad people skills and lives alone with his cat :P ) He said that you don't know anything about yourself when you're that young and are ruining your life by marrying young. I think that's a load of crap.
I think that one of the big reason my church has counseled young people to marry early in life, (besides that  whole multiply and replenish the earth thing) is to develop the kind of skills that you wouldn't as easily gain being single. Marriage teaches people patience, unselfishness, cooperation and how to take care of someone besides your self. It is a wonderful and beautiful thing that is becoming less of a priority to so many people :( And that is sad. Call me crazy, but I look forward to those early years of being a young, poor married woman. :) 
<3~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment