Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Life's a happy song!

The title of my post today comes from the super happy song they sing in the new Muppet's movie! Bethany and I saw it on Saturday and it was one of the most delightful movies I've ever seen! I smiled the whole time and felt something I hadn't felt in a while. (As cheesy as that sounds.)
Now here are just a few things I'd like to share with y'all:
We celebrated my brother Adam's 26th birthday yesterday. Yay Adam! Man, my siblings are getting old!
Last week I got to spend some time with the Hahn's! I'm still getting used to Alex not being there but it was fun. Their Australian family came over. (They moved to Utah last Winter). We ordered Indian food and had a good time. These little girls still love me as much as ever:
They also brought over the world's cutest puppy!! A little Havanese one that is the fluffiest, most easy going puppy I have ever seen.
Also, here's an update on this guy:
He is doing SO good! He's been out exactly 5 weeks and he is just loving his mission. He is working hard, learning SO much and 2 of his investigators already want to be baptized!! How awesome is that?? I'm so stinkin proud of him! AH. I haven't gotten a letter from him in a couple weeks.. but the emails from him keep me sane. He teaches little lessons in his emails and I love it :) Last week he was telling me about trials and how much they actually bless your life. This week he wrote about faith and how if you use faith, you basically have a testimony already! Cool stuff. Oh he got by a car last week.. He was fine though :) And it was really cool because the lady who hit him ran out to him and asked him if there was anything she could do for him. He said he didn't need anything but gave her a pass along card and told her to look at the church website. He told her that would more than make up for hitting him. How cool would it be if she converts because of that?
Hmm what else is going on..
I spend a lot of time of each week in the Weber state dark room figuring out how to get my pictures to turn out nice. It's A LOT harder than I thought it was going to be but I really love it. Here are some of the pictures that have turned out somewhat decent:



I'm finally practicing the piano again! Here's what I'm working on learning:
Life is good!
<3~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment