So..thanks to my stress management teacher I was able to work up the courage to do something I've been putting off for years. Last week in class we were assigned our 2nd biggest assignment of the semester; to think of something we are very afraid of and go out and conquer that fear! Great right? A stress management assignment that causes us stress! I was pretty nervous but once class was over, I knew what it was I needed to do: pierce my ears. For most girls, getting their ears pierced is an exciting experience that they go through fairly early in life. For me though, the procedure was a constant fear every time I walked past Claire's with my mom. I liked the idea of wearing earrings, but did not want to go through the pain of getting holes punched in my ears..
Finally, at age 20 I got my ears pierced once and for all! Once I told Alex what my plan was, he wouldn't let me back down. So the day we were given the assignment, we went to Claire's to conquer my fear together.And let me tell you, I was not a happy kid! The whole way to the mall I was breathing heavy, whimpering and trying to talk Alex out of letting me do this.What a wuss! The actual piercing went much better than I thought though. I stood up tall and didn't even flinch when the earrings went in! It honestly didn't even hurt that much and I couldn't believe that I'd been fearing it for so long!
Now I have pretty sparkly studs in my ears and I feel so elegant! I'm so proud of myself :)
No comments:
Post a Comment