That night Emily joined us and we saw the last Harry Potter movie for the 3rd time! Yeah. We're Harry Potter nerds. And hey it was at the 3 dollar theater so why not? Such a good movie.. Our sister nights are few these days now that Emily's living in Logan so I really love them when they do happen.
On Saturday I spent my morning doing a whole lot of nothing.. but then mustered up enough energy to cook some delicious Spicy honey chicken and rice! Mmm .
This chicken is amazing! The spices and honey balance each other out and it's nice and tender. The best part is that it's really easy to make! Here's the recipe (from our bestbites.com)
Spicy Honey Chicken
Recipe by Our Best Bites
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2lbs (Yes, Thighs!!)
everyone is always asking me if they can use breasts for this. Sure you can, but I’m tellin’
ya right now it’s better with thighs.
2 t vegetable oileveryone is always asking me if they can use breasts for this. Sure you can, but I’m tellin’
ya right now it’s better with thighs.
Rub
2 t granulated garlic
2 t chili powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t coriander
1 t kosher salt
1 t cumin
1/2 t chipotle chili powder
2 t chili powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t coriander
1 t kosher salt
1 t cumin
1/2 t chipotle chili powder
Glaze
1/2 C Honey
1T Cider Vinegar
1/2 C Honey
1T Cider Vinegar
Combine the rub spices in bowl and mix well.
I also got a little creative this weekend and had fun with our awesome new cooker my mom got!
It's like a George Forman Grill but better cause it comes with a timer and different plates for different recipes. You can make anything from omelettes to meatballs! I wanted to test out the plate with all the holes and make mini cakes. They were so cute and yummy and I ate like 8 of them.. Bethany got the idea to use toothpicks to stack them on top of each other and I thought it looked like a catterpillar. So I made it into one:
Kinda cute huh? I just need to find some better legs and antennae and it could be pinterest worthy :) Unfortunately I never got to eat his little guy because Nipper Cat got to him first.. I never knew that cats liked cake. Apparently some do!
I also made some yummy chocolate chips cookies and sugar cookies this weekend that were delicious as well but didn't take pictures of them.
On Saturday night Alex, Bethany and I went to a Masquerade! A girl from my ward put it together and it turned out great. Everyone was dressed up really fancy and wore awesome masks. The music and dancing was clean and they even got a live band to play! It was much more fun than the Weber State homecoming dance.. and wow, Alex turned out to be an amazing dancer! He twirled me, spun me, dipped me and even lifted me in the air every now and then. I guess all that time we've spent dancing in his kitchen has paid off :) The night was so much fun.
Well October is almost over and I need to get in as much Halloween excitement as I can! I need to carve a pumpkin, watch scary movies, make caramel apples and go to a haunted house. Me, Alex and some of our friends are going to Asylum 49 on Saturday.. yikes.
Anyway, that was my Fall break!
~Rachel
Kinda cute huh? I just need to find some better legs and antennae and it could be pinterest worthy :) Unfortunately I never got to eat his little guy because Nipper Cat got to him first.. I never knew that cats liked cake. Apparently some do!
I also made some yummy chocolate chips cookies and sugar cookies this weekend that were delicious as well but didn't take pictures of them.
On Saturday night Alex, Bethany and I went to a Masquerade! A girl from my ward put it together and it turned out great. Everyone was dressed up really fancy and wore awesome masks. The music and dancing was clean and they even got a live band to play! It was much more fun than the Weber State homecoming dance.. and wow, Alex turned out to be an amazing dancer! He twirled me, spun me, dipped me and even lifted me in the air every now and then. I guess all that time we've spent dancing in his kitchen has paid off :) The night was so much fun.
Well October is almost over and I need to get in as much Halloween excitement as I can! I need to carve a pumpkin, watch scary movies, make caramel apples and go to a haunted house. Me, Alex and some of our friends are going to Asylum 49 on Saturday.. yikes.
Anyway, that was my Fall break!
~Rachel




It

No comments:
Post a Comment