Sunday, October 23, 2011

Homecoming weekend!

Last weekend I decided to show a little school spirit and participate in various Weber State homecoming activities! Before then, I had never even been to a WSU football game.. sad huh? But I changed that :) On Friday night, Alex and I got all dressed up and went to the homecoming dance and on Saturday we got together with our friend Alex Wild and his friend Angela and went to the pre game carnival and the homecoming game! Whoo.

Friday night was an adventure. I wore my favorite blue dress that I wore to my high school prom and Alex picked me up and took me to Olive Garden! We both love it and we've always wanted to do a fancy dinner out together. He told me I could order anything I wanted as long as I ate all of it. I took him up on his offer and ordered delicious Chicken Parmesan. I was starving and managed to eat ALL of my chicken but was so stuffed after eating that and 3 breadsticks that I had a few spaghetti noodles left over. Oops. I still thought I did well though!
The dance was well.. scary. I don't understand why some girls feel the need to show so much skin! It was seriously disgusting. And the dance moves.. WOW. This one girl was wearing this skimpy black dress that really gave her boobs a bit of a lift to say the least. As she was dancing with her boyfriend she thrust her chest up in air doing this really awkward looking shimmy. Her boyfriend didn't look at her face once.. Eww.
Alex and I are okay dancers but we didn't dance a lot in the ballroom because I kept getting hot in my dress and we felt uncomfortable around all the skanks. There were nicely dressed couples there but not enough to distract from the not so nicely dressed ones.  
We spent most of the night wandering around campus together. We danced in the elevators, lounged around on one of the couches and went outside and just talked. We did NOT become true wildcats.
We went back to Alex's house and danced around the kitchen to our favorite Bon Jovi cd. There we could be ourselves in our own happy little environment :)
All in all, it was a good night.
Alex looking super handsome at Olive Garden.
Us in our fancies :)
The carnival and game were pretty fun, even though it took us over an hour to figure out where the carnival was! Luckily we were still able to get free t shirts, hamburgers and face paint before the big game!


I don't know much about football but it was a great game! We won 39-12. Go Wildcats!

The game ended with some sweet fireworks.
Good weekend :)
<3~Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Love the dress!! You look fabulous in it!! Glad you had a good time and made some memories!!

    ReplyDelete