Saturday, December 3, 2011

Well. I've waited this long :)

It's hard to believe that Alex leaves for the MTC in just 24 days.. When he first got his call back in September, December 28 seemed so far away. But now it's coming way too fast and I'm not sure I'm ready for it. Alex has seriously seemed to have aged a few years since turning in his papers. I've watch him grow into the most amazing, spiritual, hardworking, gentleman like, sweetest man these past few months and it's making it harder to let him go :(  But I know he's going to do some amazing things in the mission field and the people of Oklahoma city are just going to love him. :)
Me and him were talking the other day about all the things we've done for each other and his list kinda dominated mine. He has been so wonderful to me these past 4 years and well, I think that the least I can do is wait for him after all the things he has done for me! Here are some of those things:
~He broke me out of my shell. I used to be super super shy..
~He took my virgin lips :) (gave me my first kiss, haha)
~Took me to my one and only high school prom.
~Bought me new charms for the necklace and bracelet he gave me after the other ones fell off.
~He puts up with my moodiness.
~He drives my car for me when we're together and I don't want to drive in the dark.
~He fixes pretty much everything I break!
~He gives me good advice and is always thinking up awesome inventions that could benefit me.
~He bought me Nipper cat. (Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse..)
~He gave me his ipod.
~He flew to Denver Colorado with me.
~He got me a pair of True Religion jeans. (He has connections :) )
~He plays lots and lots of Wii bowling, battleship and Super mario with me, even when he's not in the mood.
~He gives me awesome massages.
~He tells me I'm beautiful on days where's I've hardly put myself together.
~He gives me compliments galore!
~He always opens the door for me :)
~He makes me Creme brule.
~He surprises me by randomly coming over to see me.
~He made me breakfast once a week for the entire semester even though he's self conscious when it comes to cooking.
~He puts up with my "absurd love of cats" as he calls it.
~He lets me take picture after picture of him.

that boy of mine is definitely a keeper :)


<3~Rachel

2 comments:

  1. This is the cutest. And i promise you that waiting for them to leave is worse than when they actually go! Because when they finally head out, you can finally start heading towards being togeter again...and honestly if you stay busy it will go by so quickly! I can't even believe how fast it has gone for me! You'll find that it is an amazing experience for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Megan! I've been reading your blog and am inspired by your faithfulness to your missionary and how optimistic you've been about everything! You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete