Friday, June 29, 2012

One..two..THREE!

I've been here at Philmont just over a month and it's been great. 
But I probably make it sound like all I do is run
around the trails and take pretty pictures.. which isn't exactly the case!
While my afternoons do consist of a lot of random photo taking adventures,
my main job here is taking the famous Philmont crew photos.. yay.

4 mornings a week, I wake up bright and early, grab my breakfast to go
and  head up the hill to the crew photo site. We provide crews the privilege
of getting their picture taken in front of the scenic Tooth of Time. It
doesn't cost them anything.. that's how nice we are.
Most crews don't see this free service as a gift though and here are some of 
the lovely things I here every morning:

"How do you expect us to keep our eyes open in this sun? You guys are mean!"

"Can't you just photoshop our eyes open??"

"I don't wanna sit next to him!"

"Why do I have to take my hat off??"

"Isn't there a better way to do this?"

"They didn't say anything about a photo order form!!"

"My eyes are burning!!"

We tell them all the time that front lighting is the best way to light
their faces and it's been working for years. But they don't believe us.

And then there's those bald scout masters who things they're SO funny by
asking me how their hair looks. I get like 5 times a day. :P

I've also noticed that people who wear transition glasses are really sensitive about it!
We ask everyone to remove their sunglasses for the photo and I often get those
people who boldly says things like: "These are my prescription glasses lady!!"
They're still covering your yes buddy..
One guy refused to remove them.

I think that transition glasses just make people look like dark, angry poets.
Probably because I went to Jr. high with a weird kid who would always wear them
and he liked to write girls creepy love poems. So now that's all 
I think about when I see them..

I've gotten to be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to having groups line up
right for photos. It has to be symmetrical! Getting scout masters to
go where I want them to go is like trying to herd cats.
Me: "Okay everyone, move a few steps to the left!"
(A couple guys move half an inch over while one guy just stands there..)
Ugh.

Editing the pictures is always a good laugh! I try hard to get everyone to 
look up and smile when I take the picture, but some people are just.. awkward.
There's always that scout who looks like he's crying in every picture or pulling
a really dorky smile. What can  you do?

Yes, taking these pictures is all sorts of fun..
But hey, it pays!

(Al, Matteo, Katy, Lynn, David and I at the crew site. Sometimes we have to make our own fun!)







No comments:

Post a Comment