Thursday, January 12, 2012

Key to my heart.

Alex left for the MTC about 2 weeks ago and so far my feelings for him have only gotten stronger. I'm not as sad as I thought I'd be but I do miss him. I keep thinking about all the cute little things he's done for me. Some of these things I don't think I fully appreciated till now. One specific memory kept coming to mind today and making me smile :)                                                                       
During camp 2010 Alex would always wear a key around his neck. Every time someone asked him what the key was for, he'd simply say it was the key to his heart. Now you have to understand that Alex is a very sarcastic person and he will joke around in the most matter of fact voice making hard to tell if he's being serious or not. I grew more and more curious about this key and was determined to get Alex to tell me what it was really for. He was a commissioner so I thought maybe it'd be to something dumb like the sprinkler box and he just wore it around as a conversation piece. At the end of the camp he still swore that it was the key to his heart and I just rolled my eyes and went along with it. I mean what kind of guy says that? 
One day in September after I'd forgotten all about the key, Alex came up to me with one of those little metal lockers that you use a key to open. This was what the key was for? Confused, I watched him open the locker and show me the contents. Inside was all the notes I'd written to him that summer. His heart was in these sweet notes of mine. :) Isn't that the cutest thing ever? I got a sensitive guy.


I also kept all the notes he wrote me that summer along with everything else he's ever written me. I think it's cute that we both saved them. I still read the notes sometimes and boy are they sappy!! I love them though :) I had to get a new box to store all of his letters. I thought about getting a little locker to store them in to keep up with the key to my heart thing. But for now I have this cute green box.
I did however get another set of keys that definitely have a piece of my heart in them.. :) Yesterday I was running late for school and couldn't find my keys anywhere! I eventually had to call Alex's mom and have her bring me Alex's key ring. Alex knew how easily I lose things and therefore kept a copy of my key. (Totally saved me a couple times.) I found my other key but I don't want to give the other key ring back cause it makes me feel a little closer to Alex :) It's funny how little things like that can mean so much to you. Well I hope you enjoyed my random little story telling. I am off to bed!
<3~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment