Well I turned 20 on August 26. It was a pretty good day :) Weber State had their big block party and foam party and I enjoyed myself at those, I had cake and opened presents with my family and hung out with Alex. I'm no longer a teenager which is strange but I don't feel much different. Not too much has changed in my life. I'm still living at home and attending Weber State. I have not declared a major yet, but am really considering a bachelor of fine arts degree with a photography emphasis.. No, it's not the most practical major but how many majors are? It's something I love and want to pursue. And many jobs don't care what you majored in, as long as you have a degree. So I think I'll go for it :) College is going well, I just wish it weren't so expensive and I that I didn't have to rely on my parents to help me pay for it.. I'm very grateful for them though!
I'm taking math 990, stress management, biology and photography. Alex and I are taking stress management and biology together and I'm loving going to school with him! Every Tuesday and Thursday we take turns driving and making each other breakfast. It's great because it gives me a reason to wake up nice and early and I don't forget to eat like I do on other days. It's also nice having someone to remind me about assignments and help me study. I think I actual did very well on our biology test because we made up all these silly memory tricks to help us remember things. You know that catch phrase for the autozone car place? "Get in the zone-AUTO zone!" Well I remembered ribosomes the same way. Get in the some-RIBOsome! I imagined the guy saying that as being pretty beefy and most likely eating foods that are rich in protein to get so muscular. Ribosomes make proteins. I'll never forget that.
My other classes are going well too, stress management has changed my perspective on a lot of things and my photography class has already taught me SO much! Math is.. Bleh. But I will pass. I will.
I'm still working at Club Heights but am trying to find something else. I interviewed for a job at Noodles and Company and they should be calling me soon if I get it.. *fingers crossed* Not only do I want more money, but I want a change. Change is good.
Life has been good for the most part. I'm just learning how to accept, calm down, and have faith. Life is one big learning experience and I learn more about myself everyday. I promise to write some more interesting/though provoking posts soon but this is all for now.
<3~Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment