Saturday, July 2, 2011

Oh the dreams you can dream..

Last night after finally going to bed around 2 am.. I had the most bizarre dream! I usually don't remember my dreams but I remembered almost every detail of this one and I'm going to blog about it :)

My sister Emily and I were off to help our friend Kylie Munk decorate her new condo and get it all ready for when she gets married. We get there and think we must be in the wrong place because out on the front lawn we see people dressed as pioneeers churning butter, sheering sheep and shucking corn. How odd.. and the inside is an electronics store! It turns out that Kylie is illegally living in the attic of a pioneer history museum/electronics store. I have no idea why you'd combine those 2 elements, but hey! To cover up the fact that she's living there, she volunteers us all to tie blankets. I think we were planning on selling them in the souvenir shop or something. When no one was looking, we went upstairs to decorate. Her place was very strange. It basically looked like a basketball stadium with furniture in the middle. And she loved it!
When we were finished doing whatever we were doing, I walked outside to take some pictures of the yard and then I went to my car. As I was driving, I found myself in this creepy alley way and couldn't find my way out. I kept driving until I arrived at a boating dock and since everything around me suddenly disappeared except for the dock, I jumped on board the boat. I was on the bottom section and there were windows all around allowing me to see the beautiful river around me.  The boat went fast over the rapids and a man was singing and playing a beautiful Spanish song on the guitar. I was having a great time :) When we reached our destination I look out and saw the most beautiful city I've ever seen. I was told that we were on the shore of the Great Salt Lake but it didn't look a think like it. Beautiful, painted adobe brick houses were built along a hill side and canals ran through the lower part of the city. Imagine Venice, Santa Fe, San Francisco and Oios Greece all rolled into one amazing city!

I looked around and Emily and Alex were there with me. They found it hard to believe that I had never even heard about this incredible place that's been here in Utah all along! We went on a tour of the city and I discovered that almost everyone living in the city was Mexican. They established their own place because they wanted to escape from racism and being forced to learn English. They were very happy there. 
Once the tour was over, I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures! But as I got out my camera to take a shot, I saw that my screen was cracked in like 8 places, my lens was completely falling apart and it was a complete mess! I started to scream compulsively and the people around me did not appreciate this.. So Alex took me aside and tried to cheer me up but I just cried and carried on because I didn't have the slightest clue how my camera became this way. I didn't drop it or anything. We got back on the boat and once we reached the dock Alex bought me cotton candy and told me he'd help me buy a new camera. We were going to go see what we could find at the electronics store/pioneer museum. I wanted to replace it soon because I didn't want to tell my mom what happened to my camera..
I don't remember the last part as well but I think we were attacked by Mexicans who stole our money.. and then we just decided to go home.
This is probably the weirdest, most detailed dream I've ever had and I have no clue what it means! But I hope you enjoyed reading about it. 

<3~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment