Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New bedroom!

     The night I got home from Philmont, I got quite the surprise. I was excited to come home, but I had no idea what was waiting for me there. While Bethany was helping me take things to my room, she told me that during the summer people had just kept putting stuff in my room. I grumbled as I turned the door knob, expecting a mess. What I saw completely caught me off guard!
new bed. new bedding. new carpet. new paint. new closet doors. new desk. new book shelf. new mirror. new curtains. 
NEW EVERYTHING!

     Yeah. I was pretty shocked.

I hugged my Mom in gratitude and just kept saying, "What the heck?" repeatedly.

     My family is definitely not wealthy so I can't even believe they would do this for me! I have no idea how my Mom afforded all this, but I am extremely grateful for it!! I'd been wanting to re-do my room for a while but didn't have the time or money. I also loved the look of yellow and gray together. BAM!

     When I went to church the next day, everyone was asking me how I liked my new room. As it turned out, the whole ward worked together to make this happen! Wally Reynold's put in the closet doors, Alisa Larsen painted, and several other plenty other people were in there day in and day putting everything together. Thank you everyone!! I have the best neighborhood. :)

     I told my mom this would have to count as my birthday and Christmas. It's just too much! But I love it.


     When I first came in, Bethany put the worst pictures of mine into these frames to be funny. So I replaced them with some Philmont pics.

I got lots of cool knick knacks.

Isn't this picture holder adorable?
I love my bed!
Closet doors! I have always wanted closet doors! (It's the simple things.)

My room is every I wanted and more! Thank you to everyone who helped make this possible. :)

<3~Rachel





No comments:

Post a Comment