Well friends, tomorrow is the day that I head off to New Mexico to start my next adventure!
I'm really quite nervous to be honest. I'm really not sure what to expect.
I've never really been on my own before, sure I've been away at Bartlett,
but I had my siblings there with me. This time it will just be me and a bunch of people
I've never met. I'm really excited because I'm so ready for something different,
but man.. it's scary leaving home for 2 1/2 months! I know that sounds
silly coming from a 20 year old but I've never done anything like this before.
People keep telling me that it's good I'm going away because it will keep busy
while Alex is away. It's true that it will keep me busy but I'm not just going
because my boyfriend is on a mission and I need something to do.
No, I am beyond that.
I'm excited to work at Philmont because I actually love the BSA program.
You learn to love it when you work at a scout camp for 6 summers straight!
I also think this job will look amazing on a resume and help me
get other photography jobs. :) I'm excited to take pictures of
all the groups that come up and interact with people from all
over the country. I'm exited to make new friends, hike mountains, and
have brand new adventures.
I am so grateful for this experience and hope that it will better me in someway.
I still have a lot of growing up to do and this might help me
to grow more a person and develop better qualities.
So bright and early in the morning, Bethany, Emily are hitting the road!
We're going to visit the sights along the way and enjoy the journey.
Then they will go home and I'll spend 2 1/2 months living in a little
tent, taking pictures all day and living it up!
Here's to new adventures. :)
<3~Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment