Sunday, December 12, 2010

My greatest hits

I decided that I keep too many of my feeling bottled up and I don't always say what I really feel. It's a bad trait! I keep a journal but always end up going months without writing and then eventually fill up ten pages with all my thoughts! It's very refreshing when I finally do this but I need to get my feelings out through words more often. So this is me entering the world of blogging... Several of my friends and family members have started blogs and I love hearing what they have to say. Reading about their worries, accomplishments, and views on life inspires me to discover myself a little more.

Tonight I've been feeling very underaccomplished and regretful of great things I've meant to do in my life but haven't gotten around too. I feel like I could be doing so much more with my life than what I'm doing right now. But to myself feel better about my life and what I have going for me, here is a list of my greatest hits.

~Traveling to Europe when I was 16 with my older sister Emily and my friend Alissa. We went to Germany, Italy, Austria, and Switzerland. It was an incredible experience and sparked a love of travel in me!



~Spending the past 6 summers of my life working at the Beautiful, magical Camp Bartlett. I worked in kitchen, nature and became commissarry director my last summer. I am who I am today because of camp! It helped me grow up and mature soo much. I made wonderful friends, learned leadership, learned people skills, gained a great love for nature, and have soo many wonderful adventures! I started summer 05 as a skinny, awkward, 13 year and came out last summer as a someone responsible, beautiful, grown up woman! Haha. My greatest momnets were receiving 3 grommets. 2 from Gary Weeks and 1 from Jeremy Bell. Hearing Jeremy tell me what an amazing woman I'd become over the past 5 years and what great potential I have made me feel wonderful!!

~Learning an impressive piano piece to play in my mom's annual recital every summer since I was 8. I'm not the greatest pianist but I've been able to feel like a star in those recitals :)

~Making one of the lead roles in the school play in 9th grade! I should have continued my acting career..

~Performing in 2 Institute shows and being able to bear testimony to many people through music.

~Finishing the Book of Mormon twice and developing my own personal testimony of it. The
                                                                                    church is true!

~Developing an amazing relationship with Alex Hahn! I was able to help him through some tough times in his life and he has helped me so much in my life too! I'm a better person because of him and even if I don't marry him someday I hope he'll always be a special part of my life :)

~Becoming best friends with my 2 sisters! I don't have many really close girl friends but my sisters make up for that! They are always there for me and we always have such a good time when we are together! I don't know what I'd do without them.

~Discovering my love and talent for photography! I have loved taking pictures since I was 12. I love being able to capture the beauty in everyday things that other people might take for granted and I love preserving my memories through pictures. I'm saving up to buy a nice SLR camera so I become even better at photography and I'm very much considering becoming an art major with a photogaphy emphasis.
I've been told that you should go into what you love and I love photography!
                                                                              
~Being in choir in High school and having the opportunities to sing at Abravanel Hall and travel to San Fransisco for a choir tour.

~Being in NAL in Junior high and developing public speaking skills

~Faithfully keeping quotebooks since the beginning of my 9th grade year. I'm on book number 3 right now. I love having a journal of things people have said. I can look back and remember the days when the quotes where said!

~Surving not just one but 2 pioneer treks! One when I was 13 and one when I was 17.

~Getting to celebrate my brothers temple marriage and becoming great frends with my sisters in law, Carly!

~Getting to go to 2 formal dances in high school and feeling like a princess :)

~Going to California, Yellowstone, Bear lake and Wolf Creek with my family.

~discovering "The Dead Granparents" (aka: one of the  most beautiful and peaceful places at Bartlett) with Alex, Brian and Emily and having epic adventures there.

~Running around in the backfields, swimming in the canal, climbing trees, playing with beanie babies, building forts, and having other great adventures with Kylie :) I had a wonderful childhood.

~Writing some sweet az english and communication papers :)

~FINALLY getting my drivers licence at the age of 18 and 2 months and hugging my mom after.

~Becomming a champ at identifying plants in the Utah and Idaho mountain area! Thank you camp :)

~Teaching myself how to dutch braid!

~soup nights with my wonderful family

~living a normal life despite the fact that I have a neuropsychiatric disorder (Those darn tourettes..) Haha

~Being able to say that I've never sworn!

~Making sweet duct tape creations with Alex

~Finally swimming the mile the last week of my last summer at camp.

~training to run 3 miles straight with my sisters

~Working towards a degree at Weber State.

Well I'll admit that I feel much better after writing that! It's not much but it's what I've done and what I have to be proud of.

One of my new favorite songs is "Firework" by Katy Perry and I love these lines!


"You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed
So you can open one that leads you to the perfect road"

I shouldn't feel down on myself just because some people have accomplished more than me. I have so much to be thankful for and I need to be more mindful of that :) And I have my whole life ahead of me to do great things! And I will!

That's all for now :)








1 comment:

  1. Cute Rachel!! Very good first Blog Post!! :) :) I Love the Firework Song as well!!

    ReplyDelete